This was not my choice of fabric, but it fits the space and I learned a little about the popular "sugar skulls" patterns. It was fun to make. I made one for a similar sink that I had in my first apartment in Richmond. I created an opening in the front for easy access. I used the 4 " pencil pleat shirring tape to give the top strength and to create even and gentle gathering. It is attached under the sink with Velcro, but can be attached to the front of the sink if you want to see the lovely gathered top. This project created nostalgia for my old cast iron sink and drain.
top of page
bottom of page